This is a general guide, but we know every trip and every paddler is unique, so let us know if you have questions. Remember: pack light and small where you can… whatever you pack you have to paddle!
Gear We Provide
We have been purchasing our fiberglass double kayaks from Northwest Kayaks, a local kayak manufacturer in the Seattle area since we opened our doors in 1987. Our plastic doubles which are used for our day trips are Boreal Esperantos.
We will provide dry bags for all of your personal belongings on both day and overnight tours. We will provide you with one tent per every two people in your group. Solo travellers will receive their own tent. You may bring your own tent if it is small in packing size (6-7 lbs). If you own or can borrow a smaller sleeping bag and sleep pad, you should consider bringing these. The roll up Coleman-style sleeping bag is usually too big to fit in our double sea kayaks. Sleeping bags and inflatable pads are available for a marginal fee through Outdoor Odysseys (please reserve in advance).
Food & Cooking Gear
We take care of all food and provide all cooking gear. Guests may choose to bring their own snacks or specialty items.
Bring a water bottle per person. Potable water is available at launch sites and campsites. Your guide will carry additional water to refill throughout the day.
Sun protection: hats, glasses, sunblock, long sleeves
Pack light but comfortably. All your belongings must fit in the provided dry bags.
Suggested Packing List
- Hat: Baseball or Wide-brim
- Eyeglass Tether
- Water Bottle
- Sun protection
- Binoculars (preferably waterproof)
- Camera/Camera gear
- Any medications
- Footwear that can get wet
- Warm layer – preferably long sleeved
- Change of clothes (optional)
Camping gear for multi-day trips
Most gear is provided, but you may choose to bring personal items, provided they fit in the boats.
- Sleeping bag & pad (as compact as possible). Reserve rental bags and pads online while making your trip reservation. If you would like to reserve these items after your reservation has been made, please email us or call (360) 378-3533 before your trip.
- Headlamp or flashlight
- Hand Sanitizer
Clothing for multi-day trips
It gets chilly at night by the water, so pack layers and warm options, even in the summer.
- Synthetic Undershorts or Swim Trunks
- Synthetic Long-sleeve Top
- Synthetic T-Shirt
- Farmer John Neoprene Wetsuit
- Water Shoes
- Synthetic Socks, 2 Pairs
- Gloves: Short Bicycling or Neoprene Wetsuit w/ Synthetic Liners
- Synthetic Undershorts, 3 Pair
- Synthetic Fleece Long Underwear PJs: Top & Bottom, Sleeping Socks
- Camp Shirts, 2
- Socks: Long and Short; 2 Pair each
- Short Hiking Shoes or Sandals
- Convertible Pants
- Synthetic Fleece Jacket
- Waterproof-Breathable Rain Jacket