Outdoor Odysseys has been operating kayak tours since 1987. We have a well-deserved reputation as one of the oldest and most respected kayak tour operators in the islands. We have run cooperative tours with the Whale Museum, Seattle Aquarium, the Sierra Club, and universities across the country. Our goal is to provide safe, fun and educational tours of the San Juan Archipelago.
Why Consider Working for Outdoor Odysseys?
We have one of the best track records in the islands for attracting and retaining quality guides. We look for naturalists/guides who are smart, personable and ethical. The average length of time guides work for us is typically three plus years. Peruse the opportunities below and contact email@example.com with inquiries or questions.
- As an employee vs. independent contractor, you are covered by WA State Labor and Industry while on the job.
- Green Office/Shop: Our facility was designed specifically to make our guides trip prep easier and more efficient. It features good lighting, dual kitchen sinks, large counter space for prepping and uses sustainable materials.
- Free Use of Kayaks: We encourage you to use our boats and gear for paddling and exploring the islands on your days off.
- Equipment Pro deals: You get great deals on a wide range of industry products (e.g. Outdoor Research, Patagonia, Yakima, Marmot, etc.).
- You get to live, work and play in arguably one of the most scenic areas of the United States – if not the world.
- Guides have daily opportunities to paddle with and view whales and other phenomenal wildlife such as peregrine falcons, seals, eagles, porpoise, etc.
- Outdoor Odysseys is committed to professionalism and works with each employee to continually educate and improve his or her guiding skills. You have an opportunity to train, learn and grow with a company that has an excellent reputation in the industry – as well as contributing your own unique talents and knowledge to our programs.
- Sustainability – We make every effort to set an example to the community and our competitors by operating responsibly and conscientiously with respect for our environment and community. Learn more on our Giving Back page.
We are staffed for the 2023 season but are accepting resumes for future consideration at firstname.lastname@example.org