We pride ourselves on serving quality food and pay special attention to our meals. Here are a few things that we offer that some San Juan outfitters do not…
- Tastefully prepared lunches are served on all our tours!
- We serve bottled wines (as opposed to boxed – or none at all) as well as non-alcoholic beverages for dinner.
- We are the only company that grows some of our own organic food as well as purchasing (and supporting) produce from locally grown farmers.
- We don’t skimp on quality. We use real maple syrup, butter and good coffee – the same quality food we eat at home – why in the world would we serve our guests stuff like margarine or Aunt Jemima’s syrup on our trips?
- Our custom “Orca blend” coffee is fair-trade, organic, and shade-grown to delight your taste buds and provide you with a little extra “pep” in the morning. A portion of our special coffee costs is donated to the Whale Museum in Friday Harbor.
- Finally, (and this is a small detail but often overlooked) we make sure we have plenty of energy food such as gorp (peanuts, raisins, M&M’s) on hand when you need a little extra ‘boost’ when paddling against the wind.