Since 1987 we have offered guided sea kayaking trips from Friday Harbor, San Juan Island for a variety of family, private, business and teen groups. The tours have ranged in length from 1/2 to 6 day outings. Despite the disparity of the groups – they all share a few things in common:
- The desire to experience the fun of kayaking, whale watching, hiking and exploring the natural beauty of the San Juan Islands
- Stunning views of the Olympic Mountains and Mt. Baker
- The opportunity for seeing different wildlife including orca whales, bald eagles and dall porpoise
- What better way to connect with friends, family or work colleagues in a beautiful setting doing something healthy, non polluting and, above all, fun!
“I have gone on two wonderful San Juan Island kayak trips with Outdoor Odysseys. On the second whale watching tour I rounded up 11 friends and called up Clark to discuss a custom tour. He made it so easy. He set up the trip and referred me to some places to stay in Friday Harbor. Our guides Nikken and Laura were the best! They kept things fun and entertaining. We saw lot’s of wildlife and the food they made us was incredible!”
“We had an adventurous three days of San Juan Island kayaking and camping and it was a dream to rely on O’Odyssey to handle all the planning, equipment, food, logistics and support. Our guides, Kaitlin and Sarah were terrific as individuals and as a team. They related to our group beautifully, and really showed their artistry in crafting a trip that our teenage naturalists, environmentalists and foodies will remember for years to come. As mentors and models for our 13 year old girls, they were the best!” Trip Advisor
“The alumni evaluations are all positively glowing with the memories of this excellent experience – which is certainly the outcome that we desired! While one can never plan on the weather cooperating – it was remarkable that we had three full days of gorgeous sunshine and very comfortable temperatures…” Oberlin College
Dates & Prices
We can accommodate custom tours from an hour paddle to week-long expeditions. Upon receiving your reservation and deposit, we’ll send you confirmation of your registration plus trip itinerary and planning information. We can help you with travel or lodging arrangements if desired. Just let us know! Start a tradition of a yearly kayak get together.
Contact us for custom trip information, schedule & pricing.
In business since 1987, here is a partial list of the groups we have taken on our San Juan Island kayak tours…
- Families – with your own private trip you can move at your own pace and decide day to day what you’d like to explore!
- Natural History groups – The Nature Conservancy, The Whale Museum, Seattle Aquarium and People for Puget Sound
- Businesses – Microsoft, Nike, Amazon and Alaska Airlines and many others…
- Alumni Tours – Oberlin (twice!), Penn State, Whitman College, U of W (twice!) and more…
- Community Colleges – Bellevue, Highline and Green River
- Schools – Lake Washington Girls’ Middle School, Charles Wright Academy, Eckstein Middle School, the Bush School, Wenatchee High School and more…
- Parks Departments – Edmonds, Bainbridge, Mercer Island, Bellevue, Tacoma
- Teen groups – Numerous Boy and Girl Scout troops, Adventure Trek
- All women trips – Check out our “WOW” (Women on the Water) tours.
- Private tours – Over the years we have taken out literally dozens of groups celebrating, among other things, birthdays, bachelorette parties, singles tours, church groups, weddings, father/son bonding trips as well as lots and lots of friend and family groups.
Check out our client list!
Our most unusual trip: we took out a group of family and friends on a custom 4-day San Juan Island kayak tour that came together to reminisce, laugh, honor and spread the ashes of a father and husband that had passed away before his time. A poignant reminder to all of us how fleeting life is…
If you are interested in putting together your own custom trip in the San Juan Islands we would welcome an opportunity to put our heads together to come up with some ideas for a memorable San Juan kayaking sojourn! Discounts are available for larger groups as well as non-profit organizations and educational institutions.